Facial mists are known as the new toners; they can make your makeup look glowy, hydrate your skin and can balance out oil production.
I thought I would share with you my growing collection of facial mists!
Mario Badescu are famous for their three facial sprays;
- Facial Spray With Aloe Herbs and Rose Water (£7-£11)- This facial mist is my favourite Mario Badescu facial spray because it is beautiful, not only does it make my skin feel hydrated, it also calms and tones my skin! I have been using this product before applying my makeup and it has been very effective. I recommend this facial spray because it leaves your skin looking dewy and radiant!
- Facial Spray with Aloe Cucumber And Green Tea (£7-£11)-The Mario Badescu Facial Spray with Aloe Cucumber And Green Tea tones and revives tired skin. Also this product contains cucumber extract and peppermint; which have a cooling effect on the skin. I really like this facial spray because it is extremely hydrating and makes my skin feel soft.
- Facial Spray with Aloe, Chamomile and Lavender (£7-£11)-I find this facial mist extremely calming and so I am always spraying this facial mist throughout the day!
- Caudalie Beauty elixir (£12-£32)-This is one of my favourite skin care products! The beauty elixir makes me feel like I am at a spa; as it smells beautiful and is very calming! This facial spray contains grapes; which plumps and moisturises the skin, rose extract; which tones the skin and rosemary; known for energising the skin. I really recommend this product because it is perfect for setting make up, tightens pores and hydrates the skin.
- Caudalie Grape Water (£6-£11)-I also love this Caudalie grape water because it contains 100% natural ingredients; due to its key ingredient being extracted from grapes; which moisturises and soothes the skin. I really like how this product makes my skin feel fresh and hydrated, without leaving any residue or irritating my skin. This makes it ideal for sensitive skin!
Extra Facial Mists from low to high in price:
Evian Facial Spray (£8.95)-I recently bought this facial mist to use before doing my makeup. This facial mist is great for gently hydrating the skin and perfect to take in your travel bag to a hot country, as it is so refreshing and cooling!
Avène Eau Thermale (£13)- I think this facial spray is ideal for sensitive and easily irritated skin because it is so gentle and is proven to be effective at soothing sun burns! Also, just like the Evian Facial Spray, this mist is great at refreshing and cooling the skin and setting makeup!
Origins Ginzing Energy-Boosting Treatment Lotion Mist (£18.50)- This facial mist is amazing to use in the morning or during the day as it is very refreshing; due to the citrus lemon peel oil and orange extract, and energising; as this product has caffeine as an ingredient. However, this mist’s sprayer is not as strong as the Mario Badescu or Caudalie facial mists; as only a little bit of the product comes out in one squirt!
REN Flash Defence Anti-Pollution Mist (£24)-I also love this facial mist because it is suitable for all skin types and fights against pollution damaging the skin; by creating a barrier, due to the ingredient biosaccharide gum. This makes this mist ideal to use when you are in busy cities; for example I always use this spray before and during visits to London. Moreover, I also use this spray before and during a flight, because the air conditioning on a plane and the plane’s fuel is very harmful for the skin. Pollution causes the skin to have less oxygen, causing premature ageing; therefore skin loses elasticity and wrinkles are formed. Furthermore, when the skin is exposed to smog, it can cause acne, dryness and rashes, this shows that it is vital to protect your skin to prevent these from occurring!
Sisley Paris Floral Spray Mist (£66)- This facial mist costs a lot more than the Evian and Avène facial sprays. However, I love the scent of this mist because it is so floral and the spray is very effective; a little bit of product goes a long way!
Overall, my collection of facial mists is growing and becoming a bit excessive, but I highly recommend purchasing a spray because they are so cooling and refreshing; so they are perfect for the hotter months! Furthermore, as previously explained, they are hydrating refreshing and have toning benefits to your skin.